What is Web hosting?
Web hosting is a service that allows organizations and individuals to post a website or web page onto the Internet. A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed on the Internet.
Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers. When Internet users want to view your website, all they need to do is type your website address or domain into their browser. Their computer will then connect to your server and your web pages will be delivered to them through the browser.
What are its benefits?
There are many benefits of web hosting, but some of the most popular ones include:
- Increased website speed: Your website will load faster if you host it with a web hosting service since the provider will have a better infrastructure in place.
- Improved website security: Web hosting companies can help safeguard your website from hackers and other online threats by providing enhanced security.
- Increased uptime: You can be sure that if you host your website with a web hosting service, it will be up and running more frequently than if you hosted it yourself.
- Cost savings: Self-hosting your website might be costly, but web hosting generally offers better value for the same level of service.
- Better customer support: When you choose a hosting provider to host your website, you can often obtain better customer service than if you did it yourself.
What are the different types of web hosting?
While they all function as a storage location for your website, the amount of storage capacity, control, technical expertise required, server speed, and reliability are all factors to consider. Here’s a breakdown of the primary types of web hosting you’ll come across:
- VPS Hosting: Each website gets greater resources and space without committing to a dedicated server since one physical server is partitioned into numerous virtual servers.
- Shared Hosting: Multiple websites share the resources of a single physical server.
- Cloud Hosting: A network of numerous servers is used to pool resources and maximize uptime, similar to shared hosting.
- Dedicated Hosting: One website takes up a full physical server, with all of its resources.
- Reseller Hosting: A reseller hosting plan allows the owner to effectively lease out server capacity to third parties. In other words, you’d act as a link between a hosting company and a website.
Some of the best web hosting services.
|Web Hosting Services||Features|
|Blue Host: |
Best Web Host for Beginners.
Installing WordPress is one click.
Starting from: $9.99/mo (Prices may vary on the discount offers).
FREE DOMAIN AND SSL CERTIFICATE.
Check our in depth Review of Bluehost.
Best web host for simple websites.
HostGator does include support in all its plans.
Starting from: $10.95/mo (Prices may vary on the discount offers).
Check our in depth Review of Hostgator.
Hostinger is great for those who are both new to and seasoned in building a website.
Offers free Domain with the hosting.
Starting from: $6.99/mo (Prices may vary on the discount offers).
Check our in depth Review of Hostinger.
How do you choose the best plan for your needs?
When selecting the best web hosting for your website, there are a few factors to consider. Cost, storage space, bandwidth, and availability are all critical considerations.
The ideal hosting for your website will be determined by your individual requirements. You may not require as much storage space or bandwidth as a larger website if you are just getting started. If you anticipate a lot of traffic, though, you’ll want to make sure your web server can handle it.
Uptime is also very crucial. You want to ensure that your website is constantly available. A decent web host will offer a 99.9% uptime rate. This means your website will be unavailable for no more than one hour.
You can start looking at alternative web hosts once you’ve examined all of these aspects. Compare each host’s features and prices to find the perfect fit for your website.